Saturday, May 25, 2013

Introducing Pasta Tuesday

MY BEAUTIFUL REASONS 
 FOR PASTA TUESDAY

MY GRANDPARENTS AND MY PARENTS





MY DAD
ARMY SERGEANT
"JOHNNY D"



Photos by David McBride Animation


Photos by David McBride Animation




ENJOY A MEAL TOGETHER AS A FAMILY
IT IS SUCH A SPECIAL PART OF LIFE
MEMORIES ARE MADE OF THIS

MARIA AND MY SON DAVID




Set up for Service
Prepping Pork Chops
 with
 Broccoli Rabe and Roasted Tomatoes
Pork Chops 
for
Oven Baked
Pork Chops
Italian Fried Shrimp
                                            Pork Chop with Broccoli Rabe and Tubettini
Pan Fried Chicken Cutlets with Broccoli Rabe and Tubettini
Photos by DDDavid McBride Animation

My cultural heritage has given me the wonderful knowledge of cooking italian food. My grandmother was from Naples, Italy and was a tremendous cook. She passed on her expertise to my mother. My background was filled with many days of cooking and learning with mom. That memory, along with taste of the delicious italian food, has given me a passion to prepare and serve my specialities to many. My greatest desire is to serve the elderly. Pasta Tuesday has this service available weekly and we have been delivering our dinners for the past seven years. Thank you to all who have enjoyed our italian entrees. It is a labor of joy and love to serve you! Buon Appetito! I migliori auguri!


                                                             Chicken Scallopini

Italian Chicken Soup
Holiday Turkey
Sausage and Peppers with Red Bean Sauce over Bow Tie Pasta
Olive Salad
                                                                      Cestino Arancione
                                                                         Ricotta Puffs
Ham and Cabbage
Eggplant
Eggplant Parmesan
Turkey dinner
Porkchop, candied sweet potato and stuffing
                                                                    Italian Easter Pie




                                                                 Dinners for service    



My life, my happiness comes from having the two most beautiful parents who gave me such a great   foundation.   However, as they got older, it was hard to believe that these two people were not going to be here forever.  When my parents left this world, I needed to extend them and their values in many ways.



Dad was a World War 2 veteran, an army sergeant and a recipient of the Bronze Star.  He received this medal for electing to do an enemy mission for a friend so the friend could go home for Christmas because the friend had children.  Dad drove miles through enemy gunfire and completed the mission for the army.  Dad lived his life this way.  He was always a giving man. He loved children and would always tell the story of how he would feed the children who were in the alley behind the mess hall during the war days.  He would always cry when he spoke of the children.  I feel that story till today.



As Dad got older he got sicker.  He had dementia.  He eventually did not know who he was or who I was.  It was devastating to me. We tried helping but it became too late.  Dad passed away in October of 1994.  



Through my depressed days, I began volunteering with children at senior homes.  We would sing at Christmas time.  There was a man at the home who was a war veteran.   He said, “Maria, why can’t you come more often?”  Well, that’s how Sharing Life came about.  



In my dad’s memory we began an organization for children and senior citizens.  It brought the two groups together for the feeling of living.  Sharing Life continued from 1997 to 2007.  Due to some personal challenges, we had to resume in 2009.  We began with Pasta Tuesday. 



Pasta Tuesday is a dinner service for senior communities with a future endeavor of cooking classes for children and seniors.



My cultural heritage has given me the wonderful knowledge of cooking Italian food. My grandmother was from Naples, Italy and was a tremendous cook. She passed on her culinary expertise to my mother. My background was filled with many days of cooking and learning with mom. That memory, along with taste of the delicious Italian food, has given me a passion to prepare and serve my specialties to many. My greatest desire is to serve the elderly. Pasta Tuesday has this service available weekly and we have been delivering our dinners for the past seven years. Some menu specialties are featured in Pasta Tuesday's blog: http://imiglioriauguri.blogspot.com/.



Pasta Tuesday offers four different entrees each week.  Each week we take phone orders for the upcoming Tuesday.  We purchase our supplies, prepare, cook and serve our residents.  My son who is a professional animator takes the time to volunteer as my sous chef and he is also our delivery guy.



Pasta Tuesday’s dinners  are more than subsistence.   The meal becomes a memory, an escape, warmth and a visit.



Thank you.



In honor of my Dad and Mom, it has been a labor of love and joy to serve my community!



Maria McBride

Owner and Chef

Pasta Tuesday


   

Preparing for Pork Braciole
Rolled Pork Braciole

Frying Pork Braciole

Frying Chicken Braciole
Tuscan Bean Soup
VALENTINE
BAKED ZITI

MY DAD





No comments:

Post a Comment